“People are always so afraid of the butterfly effect, that if they did the smallest little thing in the past, it would create a gigantic ripple into the future. Yet people in the present aren’t willing to accept that small changes now will have giant ripple effects in the future.”
— Adam Levine
About Adam Levine, aka Adamtastic
Adamtastic (@adamtastic) is an award-winning Creative Director with a passion for telling stories. He studied film and animation receiving an MFA with honors from The Savannah College of Art and Design. His artwork has been showcased during Art Basel Miami and in several galleries including the 2Art4TV series at the Bunny Cutlet Gallery in Brooklyn, NY. From 2007 – 2021, Adam was the Creative Director for video and animation production at All Things Media.
Through his art, Adam’s goal is to spread joy & positivity while also provoking thought. His pieces are character-driven, vibrant & whimsical inviting viewers to connect with their inner child. Since January 2021, Adam has been selling digital art on various platforms such as SuperRare, Nifty Gateway, and via his own Manifold Smart Contract.
Charity partnership highlights: (RED), charity: water, Safe Away from Home, Hospitallers Client highlights: The Tonight Show, MTV, Colorforms, BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Rolls-Royce Motorcars, Jaguar, Mazda, Toys R Us, Laureus Foundation, Thickwater Entertainment, Pearson Education, McGraw Hill Education, Cognizant Technologies, Stryker, and Sunovian Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Watch & Listen
In this insightful and candid interview with Adam Levine, he shares his experiences and perspectives as an artist, creative director, and strategist. Levine’s conversation with interviewer Brady Walker explores his creative process, the importance of planning, his connection with the art community, and personal growth. They delve into various topics, including how to manage different roles, the impact of small changes, and the importance of authenticity in creativity.
- Balancing Creativity and Business: Pre-planning, structure, and flexibility are vital for managing multiple roles in the art and business world.
- The Importance of Commitment: Once a public commitment is made, sticking to it is essential to maintaining trust.
- Self-Confidence and Growth: Doubting yourself less and pushing yourself creatively leads to personal and professional growth.
- Authenticity Matters: Being true to oneself and focusing on personal passion over outside opinions can lead to deeper connections with others.
- The Power of Small Changes: Small, intentional changes in the present can lead to significant future impacts.
- Embrace Supportive Communities: Appreciating and engaging with supporters and collectors fosters a positive environment.
- Inspiring Others: The willingness to share personal experiences, insights, and tips with others contributes to the growth of the art community.
People, Places, & Things Mentioned
- SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design)
- Dr. Seuss
- Mary Blair
- Mo Willems
- Oliver Jeffers
- Don Hertzfeld
- UPA (United Productions of America)
- Eric P Rhodes
For updates on all of our upcoming podcast episodes, subscribe to our newsletter below.
The post E17 Adamtastic — Color, Community, and Staying Forever Fluffy first appeared on MakersPlace Editorial.