PUMA returns to the web3 scene with a phygital NFT drop in partnership with Jay-Z’s label Roc Nation to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Hip-Hop. Read on to find out more about these NFC-powered sneakers.
- PUMA and Roc Nation partnered with Legitimate to release the RS-XL Mixtape collection, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Hip-Hop.
- The collection features physical sneakers with an NFC-powered chip inside the left sneaker’s tongue, linking to a unique NFT.
- NFT holders can access exclusive web3 experiences, including behind-the-scenes content, unreleased tracks, a hip-hop history documentary, and also future drops.
PUMA x Roc Nation: What’s the New Drop All About?
Today, PUMA and Roc Nation partnered with the phygital product company Legitimate to release an exclusive drop: the RS-XL Mixtape collection.
In essence, this collection has physical sneakers in three colors. The options are nicknamed ‘Cassette Tape,’ ‘Playlist,’ and ‘Disc.’ Each pair of sneakers carries Legitimate’s LGT Tag. This is basically an NFC-powered chip that Legitimate created for the project. The unique tag is on the inside of the left sneaker’s tongue.
Each digital chip is linked to a unique NFT. Holders can use these collectibles to access web3 experiences, including:
- Behind-the-scenes content from the Roc Nation studios;
- 14 unreleased tracks from top Roc Nation artists;
- An exclusive documentary on hip-hop history;
- Access to future drops and related content.
The products are available on the Legitimate platform for $130 per piece. Here’s a quick look at the sneaker’s design:
Overall, this collaboration aims to celebrate fifty years of hip-hop and its evolution – which has also reached the web3 space.
“Legitimate was created with the belief that the future of blockchain means that we don’t need to mention blockchain at all. That belief has been wholly manifested in this partnership with PUMA and Roc Nation. Basically, the customers who buy these sneakers will have access to exclusive, curated, and immersive digital content experiences without even thinking about what’s happening behind the scenes,” said Calvin Chan, Founder and CEO of Legitimate.
Of course, PUMA also boasts experience in the NFT space. The iconic brand debuted its first drop in early 2022 together with Manchester City. Surprisingly, PUMA has launched web3 experiences and phygital NFTs too. So, this may be just the beginning!
The post Unlock the Beat: Legitimate’s Sneaker Collection Offers Exclusive Access to Roc Nation Content appeared first on NFT Evening.